Friday 15 November 2013

Chocolate banana truffles

Sam loves pretty much anything 'chocolate banana' so I had to find something different I could make other than a chocolate covered banana!
Type in 'chocolate banana' into pinterest & you'll get a ton of nice recipes. I came across this truffle recipe but it didn't work as well as it looks in the pictures so I'll type up my version with a few things I picked up on the way. I also doubled the recipe shown in that link & used milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for the coating to mix it up a little.
They were mindblowingly delicious! seriously! This really is a recipe to try & I know I'll be making these again for Sam. We enjoyed them after dinner one evening....and maybe even enjoyed them before dinner too....but I'm not telling...


Ingredients:
For the centres: 12 ounces dark chocolate, a cup heavy cream, a cup mashed ripe banana, a teaspoon vanilla extract. For the coating: 200g milk chocolate.

Method:
- Lay a sheet of cling film over a tin so that when you pour the mixture in it's easy to pull out.
- Crush up the dark chocolate in a food processor.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it's steaming but do not let it boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate & let it sit for a while then blend together in the food processor until combined.
- Add the vanilla essence & the mashed banana and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into your tin & chill in the fridge overnight. 

I found that the mixture although firm was too soft to work with so I would pop tin into the freezer for a couple of hours before either cutting out in circles like the original recipe or rolling into balls like I did.

- Melt the milk chocolate (or dark again if you prefer) and dip truffles in until covered. 
- Place truffles onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, decorate if you wish with sprinkles and chill in the fridge until solid.
- After ours were ready I dusted them with a little gold.
- TRY THESE & ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment