Saturday 12 October 2013

Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit

On Tuesday night Sam took me out to see my birthday present! Johnny Flynn! It's been a long while since I've been to a gig. I used to go to them so often in my teens so it was very strange to be in a venue standing up for half the night listening to a favourite band or artist! I think I'm flagging and I'll be with the oldens in no time trying to look for seats! 
It was really fantastic though, he played an amazing set & lots of his new songs from his most recent album. We were on the front row too so we had the best view. 

I think we're going to make an effort to see more live shows if we can. In fact I surprised Sam with a show last week. I had to keep a secret for a WHOLE week - so hard when I knew it would be something he'd absolutely die to see. We had tickets for Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly & Jerry Lee Lewis tribute act & it was incredible! We love our old stuff - all our favourite artists are either no longer performing or have died so this was as close as we'd get to seeing them. They were spot on though with looking like and sounding like the artists. It was as if we'd gone back in time & Sam was totally shocked! I just love treating him.









No comments:

Post a Comment