Saturday 10 August 2013

DIY Home: Handpainted floral feature wall

A few weeks ago I got the itch to paint another wall after enjoying the triangle feature wall project so much! I nipped down to the local DIY home store & picked out a lot of colourful paint.
I had some ideas in mind of what I wanted to do but I brought the colours with the desire to just go with the flow and see where I ended up. SCARY! 
I couldn't tell you what got me started or where I got my inspiration, I just started to paint & it sort of came together.
I do really like the finished wall & it has really brightened up the rest of our bedroom & given it a different feel but do any other artists feel like when they work on something for so long you lose appreciation of the work you've done?? Admittedly, I felt a little like that but I'm happy for it to stay the way it is for the moment. I'm sure I'll get the urge to elaborate and experiment more once I roam pinterest for other home décor ideas! 



Also, I joined twitter! I gave in and got one but I don't really know what to do with it yet. Follow me! I'm @katiejpoursain.

No comments:

Post a Comment