Friday 17 May 2013

Reflecting on life lately...


I was refelecting back on a journal I wrote when I was younger, about 17 years old. I had been dating Sam for nearly two years and I had written down my questions over when we'd get married. Little did I know I still had a good few years to wait. I'm really suprised at how much depth I wrote in at such a young age. I didn't even realise that I wrote so much.

I came across a picture I had stuck in my journal of myself about 6/7 years old with a few questions next to it which I thought were worth sharing. I think it's been a really good way of remembering who I am and what I want for myself. I'd encourage you to try it.
Find a picture of yourself at a young age, when you were naive about the world and innocent to most things. A picture you love of yourself and ask these three questions:

1. What does this little girl/boy deserve in life?
2. What are your desires for her/him?
3. What do you want to say to her/him?

This has been a really significant thing for me to do from time to time. It really helps me to remember my desires and what God's promises are for me.

'May you grow up to be righteous, may you grow up to be true, may you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you'. - Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment