Tuesday 13 November 2012

Baddesley Clinton & joyful hearts

Hello to you on this wintery afternoon! It's been raining leaves all day outside of my window. I'm enjoying a day off, drinking plenty of tea and snuggling in a chunky cable knit.

After a busy but fun week at work I had a couple of days off to go on my annual trip to the arts & crafts show at the NEC, Birmingham. It's kind of my disneyland. :o)
I've stocked up for the year and have lots of projects to get through and share with you on the way. Hoping to do some DIY sessions to inspire you to get into handmaking your own things too. Such fun!
With crafting in mind, this week the management at work asked me to design and make TEN cakestands for their two stores and we'll be collaborating on a few more things once they have been done. I couldn't be more excited and grateful for this opportunity and to grow my business. Things are ticking along very nicely indeed.

To celebrate but also because it was long overdue we had a date night last Friday and it was the first time I tried a french martini. Scrummy. (vanilla vodka, raspberry liqueur, pineapple juice & lemon). A scallop starter and venison main later (yea, we went a bit all out!) we went home.
Saturday was just as fun. We thought we'd flex a bit of plastic - ummm...ok just our National Trust membership cards!! and went to Baddesley Clinton for the day. They have beautiful grounds to walk in & we had a ton of fun taking photos! I love spending time with this guy!








 






Unfortunately, I have not enjoyed a red cup yet, we need an excuse to go into town in order to find the nearest Starbucks BUT the German Market arrives on Thursday so we're planning a few spontaneous evening trips to fill our tummies with treats galore! It's definitely feeling like christmas! I think I'm going to start decorating the house much sooner this year to get me fired up to do more christmassy projects and cooking!

Happy Tuesday, friends! Xo

katie: dress & coat - asos, faux fur neck snood - next
sam: shirt - asos, jumper - monsoon (they have a men's outlet in bicester), coat - rocha john rocha

No comments:

Post a Comment